Initiated in 2018, the student ambassador program has become a wonderful opportunity for UCLA nursing students to develop leadership, insight into a new culture, cultural sensitivity, and of course, build relationships with new friends!
For the 2020-2021 Academic year, we will recruit students, from the MECN and the BSN programs to represent the School of Nursing at international events. Currently, we have established MOUs with several universities with plans underway to deliver academic workshops for Aino and Sungshin Universities. Also, we host many other international visitors from various countries throughout the year.
- Attending “meet and greet” luncheons, other activities
- Assisting international student visitors in navigating the UCLA campus and Westwood
- Hosting and engaging international student visitors in activities - may help coordinate and plan activities with Director of International Programs and Scholarship
- Inform and engage other UCLA nursing students about international exchange opportunities and events
- The ambassador status would be recognized at a special award ceremony and can be included in any professional portfolio and resume.
- Participating in global exchanges is a lifelong transformative experience
- Students who are interested in being an ambassador must be in good academic standing (GPA 3.0 or greater), complete an application and receive an endorsement from a faculty member.
- Preference given to BS students (3rd or 4th year); MECN (1st or 2nd year)
- Additional language communication skills (beyond English) are also considered
Application for Student Ambassador Program: Please check back Spring of 2020 for application deadlines.