The University Of California Los Angeles School Of Nursing seeks a highly motivated Postdoctoral Research Associate to provide research services in the fields of cardiovascular disease and symptom management. The candidate will conduct research activities under the supervision of the Principal Investigator, Dr. Holli A. DeVon. Prior experience with statistical analysis and excellent writing skills is a plus. Preference will be given to candidates with first-author publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Collaborate with Principal Investigators, investigators, key personnel and researchers to design, manage and coordinate research grants/projects.
- Design and conduct bio behavioral research
- Collect, analyze and interpret data
- Write abstracts and manuscripts for publication.
- Contribute to and independently take part in grant writing and grant applications.
- Publish original scientific research in peer-review journals and present at professional meetings.
- Present results in national/international conferences
- Advise undergraduate honors students and PhD students
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor
- PhD/Doctorate degree nursing, psychology, medicine, public health or other related health science fields. Applicants must be within the first three years of receiving their PhD/Doctorate to be eligible for this position.
- 1-3 years of related experience in bio behavioral research using quantitative methods. Expertise broadly relevant to project management, statistical analysis, and writing for publication in peer reviewed journals is necessary.
Review of applicants will begin immediately; for fullest consideration, submit cover letter, list of three references, and Curriculum Vitae (CV) TO Dr. Holli DeVon, email@example.com by 12/01/2019.
The University of California Los Angeles is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The University of California may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.