The objectives of UCLA School of Nursing International Programs are to
- Share nursing expertise with nurses across the globe through exchange of nursing scholars and students.
- Facilitate agreements for collaborative collaborations on scholarship, including research, clinical and educational projects.
- Use technology to provide innovative long-distance educational programs for international nursing scholars and students.
Since student experiences are an important component of our international programs, both for our visiting students and our UCLA students, we are initiating a Student Ambassador Program. The student ambassador program is an excellent opportunity to develop leadership and insight into a new culture, cultural sensitivity, and of course, building relationships with new friends!
To start the program, we are looking for four students, two from the MECN or APRN and two from the BSN program who will be selected to represent the School of Nursing to international student visitors. Currently we have two potential visiting groups of students from Aino University in the summer and Chinese University of Hong Kong in November.
- Attending “meet and greet” luncheons, other activities
- Assisting international student visitors in navigating the UCLA campus and Westwood
- Hosting and engaging international student visitors in activities - may help coordinate and plan activities with Director of International Programs and Scholarship
- Inform and engage other UCLA nursing students about international exchange opportunities and events
- The ambassador status would be recognized at the Blue and Gold Pinning Ceremony and can be included in any professional portfolio and resume.
- Students who are interested in being an ambassador must be in good academic standing (GPA 3.0 or greater), complete an application and receive an endorsement from a faculty member.
- Preference given to BS students (3rd or 4th year); MECN or APRN (1st or 2nd year)
- Additional language communication skills (beyond English) are also considered
Application for Student Ambassador Program - Deadline for applying June 30, 2018