Endowed scholarships are crucial to our success in educating the nursing leaders of tomorrow and advancing health in California and beyond.
Behind every endowment are stories — of donors who give to the university they love, students who benefit from the generosity of others, and families who strive to make the world a better place through giving. When donors create an endowment, they make an everlasting gift to the UCLA School of Nursing. An endowment donation is never spent. It is invested, and earnings from the investment provide ongoing support for the university.
Donors who choose to establish scholarships often do so in honor or memory of someone who has made a difference in their lives. They also are making a difference, creating legacies of leadership, and guiding the School of Nursing and University into the future.
It is important to us that we collect and share these stories, providing a historical record of philanthropy at the UCLA School of Nursing. If you have information about one of our endowed scholarships listed below, or would like information about establishing your own endowed scholarship or other ways to give, please contact Amy Drizhal at 310-794-2358 or email@example.com.
Featured Endowed Scholarship Stories
- Benson Family Fellowship Fund
- Margaret H. Brown Endowed Scholarship
- Chen Family School of Nursing Scholarship
- The Lily S. Gordon Endowed Scholarship
- Gorman Family Centennial Undergraduate Scholarship/Gorman Family Centennial Fellowship
- Dolores and Forest Grunigen Scholarship Endowment
- Jeanne C. Mayer Centennial Scholarship in Nursing
- The Helen F. Shishino Centennial Scholars Undergraduate Scholarship
- Janice M. Roper Endowed Memorial Scholarship in Nursing
- Shirley St. Amand Memorial Scholarship established by Ronald K. Enholm
- Suzanne F. Ward & Paul H. Ward Fellowship
- Jumpei Watanabe Memorial Endowment
Featured Current Use Scholarship Funds
In addition to endowed scholarships, the UCLA School of Nursing also offers a number of current use (annually funded) student scholarships. These funds are often established by a donor or donors in honor or in memory of a loved one, mentor, friend or colleague.
- Rhonda Flenoy-Younger PANSAA Scholarship
- Kyle Krepistman MECN Excellence Scholarship
- The Liz Resnick Memorial Scholarship in Nursing
Current use scholarships are funded annually, and are available to be awarded as long as funds remain available.