Asian and Pacific Islander Nursing Student-Alumni Association (APINSAA)
VISION STATEMENT: To inspire and develop the best healthcare leaders in the Asian and Pacific Islander (API) community.
MISSION STATEMENT: To support our API nursing students and nursing alumni via APINSAA within the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) School of Nursing (SON), through community engagement, scholarship, and service.
BOARD OF OFFICERS:
- President: Heather D. Bogdanov, MSN, ACNP-BC, CNS, WCC, PHN, Class of 2007
- Vice President: Meynard Villa, BS, RN, Class of 2013
- Secretary: Jasmine Wong BS4
- Treasurer: Jen Yee Lim BS4
- Press Relations: Kimberley Mark MECN2
- Membership Director: Rosie Tallud, BSN, RN, APRN2
- Events Coordinator: Maximus Chen, MECN2
- Emma Cuenca, DNP, RN, CCRN, CSC, CNS
- Glenda Totten, MSN, RN, CNS
- Jonathan Adrias, MA
- To welcome and assist nursing students with their transition to the SON and the wider UCLA community.
- To foster fellowship, unity and camaraderie among API nursing students and alumni.
- To foster supportive relationships among all nursing students and alumni and socialize new nursing students to the SON in the pursuit of academic and professional success.
- To tap the wealth of resources within the university and SON in supporting the constituents of the association.
- To promote and encourage collaborative activities with the local professional API associations, e.g. PNASC and other UCLA nursing student associations.
- To participate in community health fairs and activities that promote health and wellness.
Welcome to our APINSAA webpage! All are welcome to join our group. We started this UCLA organization this year in 2019- which just so happens to be our 70th Anniversary Year! Our Board is committed to launching events and helping create a more inclusive environment for all nursing students, alumni, faculty, and all! This year we hosted some fun events, such as our inaugural networking event the Lunar New Year Mixer back in February of 2019, as well as the Hawaiian Gardens Health Fair in March, and then APINSAA Finals Care Packages during finals week, and many more! Check back for updates on the rest of the 2019 year, and to see what we have in store for 2020, which is Year Of the Nurse, per the World Health Organization.
We invite you to join APINSAA! Feel free to email our Membership Director Rosie. Check back to this page later for more updates, we're just getting started! Here's some photos from the year, below, or find us on our Instagram page: @APINSAA_UCLA
Interested in supporting APINSAA? Any amount helps us and is greatly appreciated. Click the button below.