Thank you for your interest in the UCLA School of Nursing and the APRN program. Applications for Fall 2021 will become available after Labor Day and will have a 11:59pm on December 1, 2020 deadline. Please go to www.grad.ucla.edu to access the APRN graduate application.
*Applicants may apply to one specialty only, and will not have the opportunity to switch once admitted into the program.
Items that you must submit as part of your online application:
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
Please respond to the following. Your statement can be up to 500 words in length (approximately 1-page, single spaced, using 1-inch margins and 12-point font). You do not need to answer every question; focus on the elements that you feel are most relevant to your candidacy. When writing your Statement of Purpose, please refer to the APRN Evaluation Criteria – Tips and Information Sheet
- What is your purpose in applying for graduate study in your specified degree program? Describe your area(s) of interest, including any subfield(s) or interdisciplinary interests.
- What experiences have prepared you for advanced study or research in this degree program? What relevant skills have you gained from these experiences? Have your experiences led to specific or tangible outcomes that would support your potential to contribute to this field (examples: performances, publications, presentations, awards or recognitions)?
- What additional information about your past experience may aid the selection committee in evaluating your preparation and aptitude for graduate study at UCLA?
- Why is the UCLA graduate program to which you are applying is the best place for you to pursue your academic goals? If you are applying for a research master’s or doctoral program, we encourage you to indicate specific research interests and potential faculty mentors.
- What are your plans for your career after earning this degree?
Please respond to one or more of the following prompts. Your statement can be up to 500 words in length (approximately 1-page, single spaced, using 1-inch margins and 12-point font). To be considered for a Cota-Robles or Graduate Opportunity fellowship, be sure to describe your contributions to diversity. The University of California Diversity Statement can be found online.
- Are there educational, personal, cultural, economic, or social experiences, not described in your Statement of Purpose, that have shaped your academic journey? If so, how? Have any of these experiences provided unique perspective(s) that you would contribute to your program, field or profession?
- Describe challenge(s) or barriers that you have faced in your pursuit of higher education. What motivated you to persist, and how did you overcome them? What is the evidence of your persistence, progress or success?
- How have your life experiences and educational background informed your understanding of the barriers facing groups that are underrepresented in higher education?
- How have you been actively engaged (e.g., through participation, employment, service, teaching or other activities) in programs or activities focused on increasing participation by groups that have been historically underrepresented in higher education?
- How do you intend to engage in scholarly discourse, research, teaching, creative efforts, and/or community engagement during your graduate program that have the potential to advance diversity and equal opportunity in higher education?
- How do you see yourself contributing to diversity in your profession after you earn your advanced degree at UCLA?
RESUME or CV
Please upload your Resume/CV to the online application.
Three are required. You do not need to send your recommenders the form. Once you fill out their contact information in the online application, they will automatically be sent a link to complete the form. Recommenders have a final deadline to submit forms by January 15th.
You are required to upload unofficial transcripts into the application. If admitted, you will need to send one official transcript from the school at which you completed your Bachelor's degree(s). We also require one official transcript from other schools at which you completed prerequisite classes.
You will send official transcripts to the following address:
Student Affairs Office
Attn: MSN/APRN PROGRAM
2-150 Factor Building
Los Angeles, Ca. 90095-1702
Materials listed on the application that are NOT required for School of Nursing Applicants:
- Test (GRE) scores
- Writing Sample
- Professional Experience
- Awards and Publications
Processing of Applications:
Mark Covin: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeimy Gama: email@example.com
Nataly Ascencio: firstname.lastname@example.org