M.S.N. MECN Admission Requirements
M.S.N./Master's Entry Clinical Nurse applicants must provide evidence of the following:
Graduation from a recognized college or university having an accredited baccalaureate program satisfactory to the School of Nursing and the UCLA Graduate Division, or graduation with a baccalaureate degree from an international institution with a program satisfactory to the School of Nursing and the UCLA Graduate Division.
Completion of approved prerequisite courses or equivalent with a minimum grade of C in the subjects listed below:
- Chemistry Inorganic, Organic and Biochemistry – see approved course list
- Epidemiology (UCLA Nursing 50)
- Human Anatomy (UCLA Physiological Science 13)
- Human Physiology (UCLA Physiological Science 3)
- Microbiology (UCLA Microbiology 6 or 101)
- Psychology (UCLA Psychology 10)
- Statistics (UCLA Biostatistics 100A)
- English Composition or Writing (2 courses)
- Group and/or Verbal Communication (UCLA Communication Studies 1 or 10)
A scholarship record satisfactory to the Graduate Division and to the School of Nursing.
Personal and academic competence attested through three letters of recommendation.
- Since written and verbal communication skills are basic to the practice of nursing, it is essential that applicants read, write and speak English well. International applicants from a country in which English is not the first language and medium of instruction are required to pass the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a score of at least 87 (a score of 84 will be considered for admissions) on the internet-based test, 220 on the computer-based test or 560 paper-based test or complete International English Language Testing System (IELTS) examination with an overall band score of 7.0 or higher. Scores must be submitted prior to consideration for admission.
If you are an International applicant, please contact Rhonda Flenoy-Younger, Director of Recruitment, Outreach and Admissions, at Rflenoy@sonnet.ucla.edu, prior to applying for admissions.